Runboard.com
You're welcome.

runboard.com       Register for a free global account (learn about it) |
Log in: (), globally (lost password?)


Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6 

 
bryant rathbone Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

EX93
Global user

Registered: 11-2012
Posts: 386
Karma: 0 (+0/-0)
Reply | Quote
would you flush her or not


I have a 87 with 90 ms at 3yrs 4m buckeye out of a 83 Durham next dam is 88. She calves every 11 months and made 23000 first lactation and is projected to make 28000 this lactation. She is do to shottle in February. She will calve at 3yrs 11m. Would you flush her if so what to.
8/11/2012, 1:23 Link to this post PM via Email   PM via Forum
 
KINGMAMBO Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Ex97
Addict!

Global user

Registered: 07-2012
Posts: 1356
Karma: -1 (+9/-10)
Reply | Quote
Re: would you flush her or not


Yea she sounds good enough to flush i would use Fustead Goldwyn Guthrie i think he will work well on a Buckeye daughter.
8/11/2012, 3:03 Link to this post PM via Email   PM via Forum
 
bazza20 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Ex 97 2E
Global user

Registered: 07-2009
Posts: 1975
Karma: 30 (+32/-2)
Reply | Quote
Re: would you flush her or not


quote:

bryant rathbone wrote:

I have a 87 with 90 ms at 3yrs 4m buckeye out of a 83 Durham next dam is 88. She calves every 11 months and made 23000 first lactation and is projected to make 28000 this lactation. She is do to shottle in February. She will calve at 3yrs 11m. Would you flush her if so what to.



I would get genomics done on her first.
8/11/2012, 3:23 Link to this post PM via Email   PM via Forum
 
Minnesota56062 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

EX93
Global user

Registered: 05-2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 374
Karma: 4 (+4/-0)
Reply | Quote
Re: would you flush her or not


What did she have her first calving? Is she a cow that transmits? Some of our best flush cows werent the 94 point cows they are the 90 point barn cow that has great heifers. We had a 91 point Image who had 4 ex daughters. 2 Laurier's and 2 Durham's. That whole family transmits.
8/11/2012, 4:59 Link to this post PM via Email   PM via Forum
 
bryant rathbone Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

EX93
Global user

Registered: 11-2012
Posts: 386
Karma: 0 (+0/-0)
Reply | Quote
Re: would you flush her or not


She had a nice sentry heifer first lactation. She's do to calf in April to sanchez. I bred the buckeye to tempo sexed the second lactation u got a bull calf. The sentry is a really nice heifers.
8/11/2012, 11:52 Link to this post PM via Email   PM via Forum
 
KINGMAMBO Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Ex97
Addict!

Global user

Registered: 07-2012
Posts: 1356
Karma: -1 (+9/-10)
Reply | Quote
Re: would you flush her or not


Is that bull Eastview Sentry and what are u going to breed her with next time round.I think Comestar Lauthority would work well on a Sentry from a Buckeye.
8/11/2012, 15:27 Link to this post PM via Email   PM via Forum
 
bryant rathbone Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

EX93
Global user

Registered: 11-2012
Posts: 386
Karma: 0 (+0/-0)
Reply | Quote
Re: would you flush her or not


Yea that's eastview sentry I have no idea haven't thought about the next time yet. I don't know much about any other bulls from different studs. Were about 90% select sire here. We have very good luck with thier bulls. I heard lathurity is a pretty good bulls how is he on FL I liked to protect that with Rudolph being in the pedigree.
8/11/2012, 15:33 Link to this post PM via Email   PM via Forum
 
bryant rathbone Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

EX93
Global user

Registered: 11-2012
Posts: 386
Karma: 0 (+0/-0)
Reply | Quote
Re: would you flush her or not


I'm trying to get a good background for my future herd. I'm a herdman on a 75 cow freestall dairy in new jersey . My boss is 76 years old and I'm just waiting for the day he decides to finally relax because I would like to try to get started on my own one day.
8/11/2012, 23:27 Link to this post PM via Email   PM via Forum
 
smous Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Cowtalk Staff
Global user

Registered: 11-2003
Location: South Africa
Posts: 2802
Karma: 53 (+53/-0)
Reply | Quote
Re: would you flush her or not


quote:

bazza20 wrote:

quote:

bryant rathbone wrote:

I have a 87 with 90 ms at 3yrs 4m buckeye out of a 83 Durham next dam is 88. She calves every 11 months and made 23000 first lactation and is projected to make 28000 this lactation. She is do to shottle in February. She will calve at 3yrs 11m. Would you flush her if so what to.



I would get genomics done on her first.



 emoticon Methinks you may be pulling the pith? emoticon

---
WWS-SA
9/11/2012, 10:43 Link to this post PM via Email   PM via Forum
 
bazza20 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Ex 97 2E
Global user

Registered: 07-2009
Posts: 1975
Karma: 30 (+32/-2)
Reply | Quote
Re: would you flush her or not


quote:

smous wrote:

quote:

bazza20 wrote:

quote:

bryant rathbone wrote:

I have a 87 with 90 ms at 3yrs 4m buckeye out of a 83 Durham next dam is 88. She calves every 11 months and made 23000 first lactation and is projected to make 28000 this lactation. She is do to shottle in February. She will calve at 3yrs 11m. Would you flush her if so what to.



I would get genomics done on her first.



 emoticon Methinks you may be pulling the pith? emoticon



Not at all. I think is a great tool for cows and studs to select bulls. I just sent off 10 hair samples off from my better cows and calves.

I just believe that when using bulls on my herd that proven bulls are going to work out better than using unproven genomic only bulls. But using genomics to select bulls to progeny test or get more information on a cow you are going to flush is great.
9/11/2012, 10:55 Link to this post PM via Email   PM via Forum
 


Reply

Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6 





You are not logged in (login)
Back To Top

Disclaimer: Any views expressed on this site are not necessarily the views of the owner or any of the sponsors of Cowtalk..

Google
WWW COWTALK